Welcome to Entomology Database KONCHU!
Species Information Database on Japanese, East Asian and Pacific Insects, Spiders and Mites
Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University
An entomology database KONCHU is a general database name including various files treating species
information on Japanese, East Asian and Pacific insects (including spiders and mites) as follows.
- Entomology reference database based on main Japanese entomological and zoological journals
- Image database on useful Japanese insects
- MOKUROKU database based on "A Check List of Japanese Insects"
- Dictionary of Japanese insect names
- DJI (scientific and Japanese names)
- Type specimen databases preserved in the Entomological Laboratory of Kyushu University
- ELKUType (Type Collection of the Entomological Laboratory of Kyushu University)
- TachikawaType (Dr. Tachikawa's parasitic wasp type collection donated to Kyushu University)
- M.ChujoType (Dr. M.Chujo's Coleoptera Type Collection Donated to Kyushu University)
- Asian bee databases
- TABR (Reference Database of Tropical Asian Bees)
- ABeeBOL (DNA Barcode Database of Asian Bees) (NEW)
- BeeAXylo (Specimen Database Based on the Asian Carpentaer Bees)
- Hymenoptera specimen databases of ELKU
- Coleoptera specimen database of the Kyushu University Museum
- Coleoptera specimen database of Ehime University
- Rescued damaged specimen database of Rikuzen-Takata City Museum in Iwate Pref.
The KONCHU is managed by a text database management system SIGMA.
KONCHU is supported by a Grant-in-Aid for Publication of Scientific Research Result and
a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B) from the Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and Culture,
Japan and Japan Society for the Promotion of Science.
The use of data in this database is free of charge if the objective is academic study or educational purposes.
Inquiries and Comments
Inquiries and Comments about KONCHU Should be the Following E-mail Address.
Entomology database KONCHU (Osamu Tadauchi)
Faculty of Agriculture,